- An oil a week is all we ask…. (series)
- Lavender Essential Oil (Oil A Week)
- Peppermint essential oil
- Ocotea Essential Oil (Oil A Week)
- Purification Essential Oil Blend (Oil A Week)
- Helichrysum Essential Oil (Oil A Week)
- Lemon Essential Oil (Oil A Week)
- PanAway Essential Oil Blend (Oil A Week)
- Peace & Calming (Oil A Week)
- Valor Essential Oil Blend (Oil A Week)
- Joy Essential Oil Blend (Oil A Week)
- Frankincense Essential Oil (Oil A Week)
- Clarity Essential Oil Blend (Oil A Week)
- Trauma Life (Oil A Week)
- Forgiveness Blend (Oil A Week)
- Melrose Essential Oil Blend (Oil A Week)
- Grounding Essential Oil Blend (Oil A Week)
- Abundance Essential Oil Blend (Oil A Week)
- Angelica Essential Oil (Oil A Week)
- Di-Gize Blend (Oil A Week)
- Release Blend (Oil A Week)
- R.C. Essential Oil Blend (Oil A Week)
- Vetiver Essential Oil (Oil A Week)
- Harmony Essential Oil Blend (Oil A Week)
- Orange Essential Oil (Oil A Week)
I love essential oils that are versatile like orange. It slices, it dices! Furniture polish to alert teenagers with smooth skin, stress-be-gone to insect repellant. This stuff is good. It also happens to be budget-friendly. Have you noticed how many cleaning products on the market use orange oil? With pure therapeutic grade essential oil, I have control over what else I mix with it. I don’t mix with chemicals that I can’t pronounce, or nasty stuff that might harm my 4 ½ pound yorkie.
What is Orange Essential Oil Good For?
antitumoral - Full of limonene which scientist guys studied and got all excited about its ability to combat tumor growth (Wham! Pow!!)
anticoagulant (Delays or prevents the clotting of blood. Blood thinner per dictionary.com)
antidepressant used or tending to relieve or prevent psychic depression (dictionary.com)
Orange essential oil is a relaxant & circulatory stimulant. It is full of limonene which has been studied in over 50 clinical studies by scientist guys for its ability to combat tumor growth. The Journal of Food Science in 2008 published about scientist guys using orange oil to help block the effects of salmonella (food poisoning.) How cool is that? Other scientist guys studied it & found it boosts immunity, caused relaxation, & reduced depression (Happy Oil!) People have used it for insomnia, fluid retention, wrinkles, & complexion as well as blood pressure problems & clogged arteries. For repelling insects, the limonene stuff is what the bugs don’t like. Commercial products have been developed resulting from this quality of the oil, but it’s so much better that I can know the stuff that keeps out the nasties won’t harm my pets, or do anything bad to my food in the pantry.
- Clean and degrease with a teaspoon of orange essential oil mixed with water, baking soda, & a little bit of dish soap.
- Depression, fear, mental exhaustion, nervous tension, and stress, use 2-3 drops in a diffuser or steam inhalation. Can also use 8-10 drops in bath water.
- Polish wood with orange essential oil, a little vinegar & olive oil.
- Anybody with bored and lethargic teenagers? Put some orange essential oil in your diffuser to perk them up a bit. When they wake up enough, they can put a little bit on to zap their zits.
- Want to inspire some creativity? Keep that diffuser going with orange essential oil.
- PMS fighter – use orange essential oil in diffuser, or 10 drops in bath water.
- To help relieve the discomfort of mouth sores & inflamed gums, put 3 drops orange essential oil in a class of water. Swish in mouth and spit out. Or don’t, and swallow it, cuz it’s not poisonous anyway.
- To settle coughs, colds & flu, rub a couple drops on chest.
- To help relieve inflammation from skin problems, use diluted with carrier oil on the area.
- Put some on the calluses on your feet. Your feet will smell better too!
- To help out with joint and muscle discomfort, try some orange oil on the area.
- Great insect repellent, wipe or spray where bugs come in. Spray on your plants to keep the nasty bugs off.
What do you do with it?
- Dilute one part Orange essential oil to one part vegetable oil (olive or almond, not the Crisco stuff :P)
- Put it on skin location, forehead, temples, back of neck. Put on bottoms of feet at Vita Flex points.
- Inhale it (smell it) directly out of the bottle. Put a drop on the palm of your hand & rub your hands together. Cup your hands over your mouth and nose and breathe in deeply several times.
- Diffuse it: Only cold-diffusers, please. Heat messes up essential oils. Young Living has several great diffusers available:
- Aria Ultrasonic Diffuser Item No. 4524 makes a mist with a couple drops of any essential oil and water. Plus, it looks really cool.
- Essential Oil Diffuser Item No. 3662 for a green one, check it out on youngliving.com for other pretty colors. This you put some essential oils in it and it turns them into micro-fine vapor in the air. It’s important to note that some essential oils, like Myrrh for instance are too thick to use in these diffusers and can clog them up. Stick to the majority of the oils that are of thinner consistency. Basically, if its thick and gooey, don’t use it in this diffuser.
- Home Diffuser Item No. 4468 This diffuser is the most affordable, it uses ultrasonic stuff to make a mist from a few drops of essential oils and distilled water. As an extra bonus, when you buy this diffuser you also get 2 essential oils, Lavender and Citrus Fresh, in 4 ml bottles. Since you put only a few drops in water, you can even diffuse thick oils this way.
- TheraPro Premium Diffuser No 4495 This is the Power User Diffuser. You put the bottle of essential oil directly on it, and it gives off a ultra fine, concentrated (power packed) mist.
- Take it as a dietary supplement. To take internally, buy some vegetable gel capsules from your local Whole Foods or health-conscious food store. If you don’t have one of those, Young Living comes to your rescue! Order Clear Vegetable Capsules, Item No. 3193 and you get 250 capsules. Retail price is $9.87. If you are a Distributor, just sign into youngliving.com and it will show the various discounted prices for you.
Where else can you find Orange essential oil?
It is part of Abundance, Awaken, Christmas Spirit, CinnaMint Lip Balm, Citrus Fresh, Envision, Harmony, ImmuPro, Inner Child, Into the Future, Lady Sclareol, Longevity, Peace & Calming, & SARA essential oil blends.
Click for the pdf you can print out: Orange.pdf